Citrus Marmalade Recipe
Mama knew simple ingredients such as sweet, juicy fruit can become a fantastic accompaniment for breakfast. I remember this being such a treat at Christmas.
Author: My Mama Taught Me
Recipe type: Preserves and Pickles
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 large orange
- 1 lemon
- ¾ cup sugar
- Cut fruit into pieces (skins and all), removing seeds.
- Chop, using coarse blade in grinder.
- Cover with cold water and let stand 24 hours.
- Transfer fruit and liquid to large saucepan and cook about 20 minutes, or until peels are very tender.
- Let stand overnight.
- Measure fruit and liquid.
- For each cupful add ¾ sugar.
- Place in large saucepan and cook over low heat 10 or 20 minutes longer, or until 2 drops from syrup falling from a wooden spoon cling together and fall as 1 drop.
- Ladle into sterilized jelly glasses (6 oz.).